A full house of business, government, and nonprofit folks attended April 6th’s panel discussion on Equity and The Environment. Sam Baraso from Multnomah County’s Office of Sustainability led the discussion, engaaging panelists Ricardo Moreno, Landscape Program Manager at Verde, and Tim Miller, CEO of Enhabit.
Here are useful resources mentioned in, or related to, the discussion:
Center for Diversity & the Environment‘s Resources page
Local organizations doing equity and environmental work (not an exhaustive list!)
- Africa House, Immigrant and Refuge Community Organization
- Asian Pacific American Network of Oregon
- Community Cycling Center
- Center for Diversity and the Environment
- Coalition of Communities of Color
- Latino Network
- Native American Youth and Family Center
- OPAL Environmental Justice
- Portland African American Leadership Forum
- Soul River
- Verde NW
Thanks also to the companies who sponsored our space, prize drawing, food, and beverages for this event: Northwest Health Foundation, Pacific Continental Bank, NW Natural, Pacific Rim and Company Wine, Widmer Brothers Brewing, and the Portland Trail Blazers.